Local promotion title
Dal 1 settembre al 19 novembre, acquistando almeno 50€ di prodotti per il giardinaggio Fiskars riceverai un fantastico premio. Registra il tuo acquisto e richiedi il tuo ceppo con 5 esclusivi coltelli Fiskars Essential.
Fall is the perfect time to remove dead and damaged branches from trees and shrubs. Heavy pruning, however, should be done outside the growing period, preferably in the springtime.
Master gatherer – apple harvesting tips
When it comes to harvesting, dry weather is best, as extra moisture can quickly ruin stored food. If you’re harvesting apples for storage, pick them directly from the tree. Fallen apples won’t last in storage. It’s best to pick apples on a sunny day. If the night has been cold, let the weather and apples warm before picking. Store your apples in cool and dry place.
How to prepare kindling:
- Gather twigs, small chippings and bark, which are all great for fire starting.
- Make kindling out of wood. Any kind of wood will work, but resinous woods like spruce are slightly better.
- Chopping kindling requires precision. A small, light, one-handed universal axe is the best tool for the job.
- Safely secure logs while chopping with a sappie.
- Turn pinecones and leftover candles into fire starters. Melt candle wax into a paper cup or part of an egg carton, then press a pinecone into it.