How do I use an uncoated stainless steel frying pan?
- Grease an uncoated frying pan thoroughly before each use, but only once the pan has been heated.
- Add a generous amount of cooking oil or butter to the pan and spread evenly.
- An uncoated frying pan is ideal for browning food at higher temperatures, giving the food a crispy surface. But remember not to go overboard; lowering the temperature prevents the food from sticking.
- Furthermore, an uncoated stainless steel frying pan browns food effectively at lower temperatures, which is more energy-efficient.
- You can use an uncoated stainless steel frying pan for a wide range of other cooking tasks, too. This includes flambéing, stir-frying and making different kinds of sauces.
- The pan handle may get hot. Make sure to have a pair of oven mitts or potholders handy to protect your hands when cooking with an uncoated frying pan.
- Allow the pan to cool before washing.
- Oven-proof up to 270° Celsius, the pan can also go in the oven.
- Suitable for all hob types, including induction hobs.
Bonus tip: protein-heavy foods such as tofu, white fish or eggs, are especially prone to sticking to an uncoated frying pan, so make sure you’re always using a good amount of cooking oil or butter. Also, try not to stir or flip the food too early. This applies to chicken filets in particular.
Why should I choose All Steel pure or Norden uncoated stainless steel pans?
- All Steel pure and Norden uncoated stainless steel pans are perfect for those looking for cookware that is sturdy and long-lasting. With proper care and maintenance, an uncoated frying pan can last a lifetime.
- Uncoated steel pans are suitable for a wide range of cooking tasks, anywhere from browning and flambéing to stir-frying. Thanks to their high-temperature resistance, All Steel pure and Norden uncoated steel pans are extremely durable.
- An uncoated frying pan also makes for a great saucepan and is ideal for example for preparing tomato-based sauces. We don’t, however, recommend using All Steel pure or Norden uncoated steel pans for milk- or cream-based sauces due to their sticky quality.
Why is stainless steel a sustainable material?
- All Steel pure and Norden uncoated steel pans are made from premium stainless steel; their 3-layer base and thick aluminum core make the pans more energy-efficient.
- Stainless steel can be recycled time and time again. Our coated and uncoated frying pans are made from 90 % recycled premium stainless steel with 92 % lower carbon footprint than the industry average.
- Thanks to its durability, stainless steel extends the life of cookware
Do I need to use cooking oil or butter with an uncoated frying pan?
- For optimal results, we recommend using a generous amount of oil or butter when cooking with an uncoated frying pan. Our All Steel pure and Norden uncoated steel pans feature a unique engraved pattern that helps spread the cooking oil or butter evenly. Talk about taking the chore out of cooking!
How do I properly heat an uncoated stainless steel pan?
- First, let the uncoated stainless steel pan heat up for a while. Adding the oil or butter to the pan too soon or overheating the pan will cause the food to stick.
- Here’s how you know whether the pan is hot enough: add a few drops of water to the pan. If the water evaporates immediately, the pan is not hot enough. If the water breaks into several small beads, the pan is too hot. The temperature is perfect when the water droplets form a single ball rolling around the pan. Remove excess water and only then add cooking oil.