How to use sharpening steel on knives?
Honing with a durable steel rod is the process smooth out the roughness of the blade, caused by for example a coarse sharpening stone. See a quick video and read our tips how to use Fiskars Functional Form™ Sharpening steel.
See how a sharpening steel works:
- A traditional sharpening steel smooths and maintains an edge that is already sharp
- Maintain a consistent 15–20° angle all the way through each stroke – start the stroke from the blade at the handle, sliding the blade along the Sharpening steel all the way to the tip
- Five to six simple passes should make the sharpened edge even better
- Wash and dry knives with a cloth after honing.
Features & benefits
- Fiskars Functional Form™ Sharpening steel maintains and smooths an already sharp edge with a durable steel rod
- Ergonomic SoftGrip™ handle provides a comfortable and safe hold
- Dishwasher safe
- Sharpening steel length: 202mm
- Effective and fast way to maintain your kitchen knives’ sharpened edges even better.