Texture plates - Pack II (x6)
- Pack includes 6 double-sided plates (2 texture design per plate), enabling you to create 12 different textures.
- Brings additional creative embossed effects to paper: great result on card, vellum, metal foil.
- Use Texturing Tool to cover large areas quickly and Stylus to go back and add extra crisp details.
- Double sided plates: 2 texture designs per plate.
- Can be pegged onto Fiskars® Embossing System to be stabilised.
- What is Embossing? How to emboss? What to do with an embossed design?
Embossing means that the image is raised slightly - when we flip an embossed image over, forming a slight depression and giving a mirror image, this image is called deboss. Why not try alternately embossing and debossing a row of motifs?
For large areas or open designs of our stencils, you only need to emboss around the edge of a shape. Do not "color in" the shape, that will cause undesirable lines in the middle of your design.
Use the largest stylus possible, as there is a reduced risk of pushing through the paper.
Thicker paper or cardstock is ideal for embossing and create great results. Very thin paper tends to tear easily and is best avoided.
Whatever surface you emboss on, it makes it much easier to emboss if you rub the back of it with wax paper. This acts as a lubricant and your stylus goes much more smoothly along the surface.
When embossing thin metal, you can add a piece of thin craft foam underneath, which will add more depth to your embossed design. Be careful not to press to hard into the softer surface as it may cause the stylus to "tear"the metal.
Remember, you can emboss a design and then cut out around it and add it as an embellishment to other surfaces.
- How to create an embossed background easily?
To help you emboss smoothly and without 'scratching', use a piece of wax paper and rub the paper to be textured or the tip of your tool.
You can also use a candle but be careful not to rub too hard as you will leave wax traces.
It can also be useful to rub the point of your texturing tool on the candle to help ensure a smooth embossing motion.
- What materials can be embossed?
You can emboss on virtually any material that you can make a dent in with a stylus.
Some examples of materials which work very nicely for embossing are
vellum paper and
Remember - you do not have to be able to see through what you are embossing on, thanks to our two-stencil set system.